Saturated Seacoast Sunset

Occasionally people wonder how I can live so far from where I work.  Part of the answer lies in the saturated sea-reflected sunsets I can stumble upon when I take a new route and round a corner on the way home.

I see color again.  There was a time when even a riot of rainbow colors could not lift my spirits: I dwelled in sepia, where grief caused color to leach out, along with the memory of what it’s like to be happy.

Here’s to overblown color, in nature and elsewhere:

This entry was posted in Love and Loss and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Saturated Seacoast Sunset

1. Luc Nicknair says:

Life indeed is blazing in livid technicolor…it’s not only fierce and dramatic but highly engaging when you are open to participating in it!! Keep on writing and shooting Cuzin!!

2. Gorgeous shots. Appreciate your sharing the color in your life. 🙂

3. mithriluna says:

Stunning! Such vibrant colors!

4. I’m glad you’re seeing color again! Love the door in particular.

janet

5. What a fabulous collection of shots!

Wonderfully happy pictures! “you are more than your sorrow”…a phrase from Thich Nhat Hahn that I read at my daughter’s wedding. We are complex and nuanced, both/and.

7. Marie says:

Brilliant. Thank you for sharing wonderful photos.

8. Tania says:

Love the photo compilation of stunning colours! 😉

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated | Outreach

10. A M says:

Pictures, and color are grrrrrrreat and sooooothing !!!! Are the pictures all from your area???????? Thanks!!!!! A

11. all bursting with colours! lovelovelove