A Simple Twist of Fate

“They sat together in the park
As the evening sky grew dark
She looked at him and he felt a spark tingle to his bones
’Twas then he felt alone and wished that he’d gone straight
And watched out for a simple twist of fate . . . “

I first visited the college I attended during full-on, glorious cherry blossom season.  When I visited other prospects, it had been deep, gray winter, a season that boasted one of the century’s great blizzards.

When my husband-to-be Jim visited the college he planned to attend, he was assigned for the weekend to a group of hard-drinking fraternity boys.  He decided the place wasn’t for him after all, and chose another institution.

(Right now, coincidentally, we have a child attending both the college he bypassed and the university he chose instead.)

And so Jim and I ended up as undergraduates in the same plant biology lab class.

A simple twist of fate.

This entry was posted in Love and Loss and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to A Simple Twist of Fate

Great photos and great take on the theme, Stephanie!

2. Beautiful. Images 2 & 6 are my favorite

3. Lovely story and photos.

4. alisasibrova says:

Amazing photos! Great job!

5. Rene Yoshi says:

What a wonderful story and images!

6. Fate’s like that. (And you you know this better than most.) Thanks for this post, Stephanie and wishing you a good weekend. The sun is shining brilliantly through the mullioned panes of my office window.

7. Susan Battye says:

I absolutely love this post!

8. What a wonderful example of “twist.” I had the song going through my head as soon as I saw the title. I met my husband by a twist as well.

janet

9. ann martin says:

What a magical remembrance — .what a twist of fate — what beautiful photographs — what love!!!! A

10. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Twist | Nola Roots, Texas Heart

11. Pingback: Just some ordinary photos… | Words & Pics

12. Touch2Touch says:

Not only a beautiful story — it’s beautifully told as well. Understated, adding power. And so clever to choose a twist of fate! How many we all probably have in our histories, and don’t think much about them. Well done, Stephanie.

13. Love the colours, photos, perspective, story and words. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful personal story.

14. Pingback: Room at the Table | Love in the Spaces