Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep. . . .
—Prospero, The Tempest, Act 4, Scene 1
A bridge half-swallowed by fog seems the stuff of disturbed dreams.
But it seems equally otherworldly to happen in a city upon fields of grapefruit-sized lavender flowers, or fairy dwellings–or to see Suessian scarlet roping spilling from around a tree, a misty reflected shoreline, and layered clouds bubble and bruise before folding themselves into lambs and lions while children listen to their bedtime stories.
My life may be short on revels, but even in daylight hours it can hold the dream world’s gloriously non-linear tumult, discord, and mystery.
- Follow Love in the Spaces on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @ogugeo: 今日は夏至。ヨーロッパの夏至の日の日没の時刻を現地時間で示した地図。概ね北西側ほど遅いが、国ごとの現地時間の設定により一部は逆転。大半が8時以降で、ロンドン、パリ、ベルリン等は9時以降、北欧には白夜の場所も。アラスカ在住の気候学者 @Climatolog… 2 days ago
- Navy Shipyard, Boston. Godspeed to all who travel the seas for us. https://t.co/8FHwoT3OrJ 5 days ago
- RT @neiltyson: JUST POSTED @StarTalkRadio “The Science of Climate & Weather” w/ Kathy Sullivan on @ApplePodcasts & bit.ly/2skvVPn 6 days ago
- A sometimes fraught Father's Day.... stephaniemartinglennon.com/2017/06/17/fat… 6 days ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets