The Angularity is Near

My children tend to keep their distance when I’m angling in for photographs.

I’m the one flinging my Laura Ashley floral-dressed self onto a dirty cement sidewalk, my neck and arm wildly tilted so that a shot up through a flowerbed will make dancing tulips appear to dwarf a colonial church in the background.

In less-than-waterproof boots, I wade into frigid Atlantic water to get a better view of steep isosceles cloud formations.

Teeth chattering, I dart up on teetering rusted metal bars to record the glorious scalene buffet embedded in Old Ironsides’ masts and rigging.

More than one of my offspring will pull at my arm with a drawn-out “Mom” as I dawdle in the middle of a city street, pointing my camera up to catch a tower against a blue sky sporting an interesting cloud or bisected by an airplane’s white stream.

One angle is never enough.

This entry was posted in Love and Loss and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to The Angularity is Near

1. Lola Jane says:

Super collection…I am angling for more of these shots, ah someday!

2. Amy says:

Beautiful angularity gallery!

3. Mara Eastern says:

I love most the first and the last image: the bridge and the ship. They are perfect for this prompt!

Great job! (and I love imagining you in all sorts of goofy positions, your kids rolling their eyes)

Thanks . . . .I can’t tell yopu how many times they’ve extricated me from dangerous situations. We seem to have developed a bit of a role-reversal situation since I began wandering around with camera in hand all the time.

5. ann martin says:

Really Neeeeeeeeaaaaat pictures! Keep your life insurance.

6. I love your photography, you have such an exceptional eye. I can imagine some odd looks for your ‘flinging’ episodes! Great result!!

7. DeniseGlennon says:

Cool

8. Many interesting ideas 🙂 Thanks for sharing ❤

9. Thanks for sharing some of the angles that have taken place to create these images. Lol! Except for the dress (you’ll probably usually find me in jeans) that sounds like my kind of photography. So enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Thanks! In mud season I really need to watch the wardrobe, but I have an unfortunate knack of thinking I’ve found just the right shot on my way to and from work (where I have to dress up like a grown-up . . . the price I pay), or when out and about with kids on a Sunday morning.

10. quarksire says:

superb 🙂 shotz 🙂

11. Dalo 2013 says:

Beautiful series ~ great angles and colors are highlighted with the lighting you chose.

12. Thanks for the visit to my blog and like the post Photography 101: Bliss. your photos are wonderful, many angular photos

13. Touch2Touch says:

What a useful post for me! It made me realize that at 80, the knees and balance won’t allow the kind of gymnastics that turn out wonderful photos like yours! It isn’t my eye that’s lacking —
    The spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh sure does weaken.