Early Bird

Early Bird.

I have the kind of commute that makes people regularly ask what’s wrong with me.

The same question could be posed about my sleep patterns. Even when daylight savings staves off dawn, I’m wide awake and wandering.

But I have my reasons.

Quote | This entry was posted in Love and Loss and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Early Bird

An eastern view over the ocean is a very good one! And your photos are also very good ones.

This little slice of coast is so meandering that I can locate sunup and sundown….now if only I could learn to predict the weather a little better. Although the upside of a spectacular sunrise/sunset beats the downside of a dud.

2. Stephanie, I love the early morning hours, too. Unfortunately, my work days start early (three times a week) but are long and late so I can’t make it up as early. (I do have days off in between so I can sleep!) But on my days off and after I’m rested, I get up as early as I can. The gorgeous spring days and sunrises are refreshing and too good to stay in bed for! You do leave me curious about your commute. Is that a real commute to your workplace or a play on words? My commute is 50-60 minutes from door-to-door. It’s interesting how I have found ways to avoid traffic and occupy my mind. It provides its own early morning surprises!

How I wish it were not a real commute, but on a good day (traffic-wise) it takes me an hour-and-a-half to get to my office. Unfortunately, people drive so egregiously along the way that my morning surprises tend to be road accidents. I do absorb a lot of music and news along the way, though–and often think of things to write about.

3. Amy says:

Glorious sunrising photos! I have never capture sunrising over the water.

Any body of water will do! It can be hit or miss, because of course you have to head out in the dark and without knowing what kind of sunrise it will be, but when the water lights up it is a thing of beauty.

4. Pingback: Photo Challenge; Early Bird | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Early Bird | Just Snaps

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Early Bird | Chittle Chattle

7. ann martin says:

I bet there were more 2 hours+ than 1 1/2 hours drives this past winter. Good thing you have music and news and time to think about your excellent writing and photographs.